Mission & Goals
The Personalized Medicine Coalition (PMC), representing innovators, scientists, patients, providers and payers, promotes the understanding and adoption of personalized medicine concepts, services and products to benefit patients and the health system.
We have four key goals:
- Provide opinion leadership on public policy issues that affect personalized medicine;
- Help educate the public, policymakers, government officials and private sector health care leaders about the public and personal health benefits of personalized medicine;
- Serve as a forum for identifying and informing others of those public policies that may impede the ability to deliver the promise of personalized medicine; and
- Create a structure for achieving consensus positions on crucial public policy issues and supporting changes needed to further the public interest in personalized medicine.
The PMC works closely with existing organizations to improve the understanding of personalized medicine and related issues, in a way that avoids duplication of efforts and leverages their activities.
The PMC will:
- Collaborate with member organizations and outside experts to identify, analyze and address ethical, legal and social implications of personalized medicine;
- Provide a forum for debating (and, where possible, reaching consensus on) public policy issues surrounding personalized medicine;
- Educate policymakers and health care leaders about the importance of personalized medicine and its positive evolution;
- Serve as an umbrella organization for stakeholders who are conducting personalized medicine education in both the public and private sectors; and
- Provide networking opportunities for the many and varied stakeholders in personalized medicine.